This very nice BSA Lightning project from 1965 is located in Central New Jersey. It’s on eBay this week and is for sale at no reserve,so it’s going to a new home.
The seller looks to be taking care of his uncle’s estate. The bike is described well in the advertisement. Some highlights:
- Original title and Manuals.
- Matching numbers
- All paperwork and title in hand
- Has compression and all gears work (doesn’t seem to have been started
- Seems that it might have extra bodywork?
- Nice tanks inside and out
- Throttles and carb operates
According to the seller,this bike is a “true”Lightning Rocket. I love the old BSAs a great deal. My only thought looking at this bike is wondering what the single-sided drum was like for stopping….